You've got questions - we've got answers!
Where are you located?
We are located at 48 Exeter Road, Ajax, just behind the St. Andrew's Friendship Centre. Click here to access a map.
How much does it cost to rent a garden plot?
Full-sized plots are $30 per year, and measure approximately 34'x4'. Half-sized plots cost $20 per year, and are approximately 17'x4' in size.
Are there plots available?
We currently have both half & full-sized plots available for the 2023 season...please send us a note if you're interested!
Health & Safety - COVID Protocols
While we are no longer required to have strict COVID protocols in place, the health & safety of our gardeners, family & friends is still very important:
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home from the garden. If you think that you might be absent for a while, please notify the Committee as soon as you can. If friends or family aren't able to help maintain your plot while you're away, we can help you find a volunteer to 'babysit' your plot while you are recuperating
- Masks are no longer required in the garden, but feel free to wear one if you choose to do so
- As we no longer have occupancy limitations, gardeners and their family & friends are free to enter the garden at any time the garden is open. Please remember to be mindful of personal space; not all of our members may be comfortable being in close quarters just yet, and we must be respectful of each other's space
- If there is someone in the shed, please wait for them to finish what they're doing before you enter
- Remember to clean off all tools before replacing them in the sheds; sanitizer is available in all sheds for your use
Are there any other Garden Rules?
Each season gardeners sign Gardener's License Agreements that outline the garden's rules to live by. Some examples include height restrictions (so we don't block our neighbour's access to sunshine), volunteer hour expectations, and guidelines for keeping our tools clean. Please revisit your copy of the GLA if you are unsure, or send us an email if you have any questions or concerns.
Can I volunteer with the garden?
We love volunteers! Send us an email to ask how you can help us grow!
What accessibility options are available?
We are happy to offer a small amount of raised beds for those with accessibility needs.
Are you on Social Media?
Of course! You can find us on both Instagram and Facebook, please reach out!