It may be cold and grey out there today, but this is a perfect time for gardeners to start planning what they would like to plant in their 2023 garden beds. For many of us, the process begins by looking at seed catalogues. This is the best time of year to order seeds; not only are there more varieties of seed available but ordering now will ensure that your seeds arrive with plenty of time to start before planting season begins!
There are plenty of Canadian seed companies for you to choose from, and a number of them have been listed below (click on their names to access their websites). Later in the winter, we'll post some information that will hopefully help you succeed in your seed-starting journey!
- Heritage Harvest Seeds
- West Coast Seeds
- Ontario Seed Company
- Richter's (specializes in herbs & medicinal plants)
- The Cottage Gardener
- William Dam
- Kitchen Table Seed House
- McKenzie Seeds
- The Incredible Seed Company
- Les Urbainculteurs (specializes in urban garden education & small space food crops)
- Urban Harvest (urban & small space gardens)
- Pepper Merchant - for those who like to live on the spicy side!